Monday, October 6, 2008

Whole Grain Foods

Since Whole grain foods have been proven to be good for fighting diabetes I am re-posting my earlier posts
Instant Bulgur Rava Idli





 




Nutrition Powered Oats Dosa has been prepared using oats and cornmeal






Cucumber has also been proven good for fighting diabetes since it contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin. So re-posting my previous post.
Sour Cream Cucumber Salad







Gooseberry contains chromium. It has a therapeutic value in diabetics. Indian Gooseberry or Amla stimulate the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin. Thus it reduces blood sugar in diabetic patient. Just now read this in Illatharasi's roundup of AFAM - Gooseberry. So reposting my previous post 
Refreshing Gooseberry Squash

This post of course contains sugar in the original recipe. But then I have mentioned at the end of the post an alternative for the diabetic patients also.


These posts are my entries for the contest Eat Healthy - Fight Diabetes hosted by Sangeeth of Art of Cooking Indian Food

1 comment:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...