Friday, October 3, 2008

Eggless - Vegetarian's Omelet

This is purattaasi (tamil) month & using eggs are banned for us. My mother used to make omelets without using eggs. So I called her & got the recipe. And I tried it & it was soft, spongy & very nice. As easy as we make our relugar egg omelets.


No Egg - Vegetarian's Omelet
Ingredients
Gram flour - 1 cup
Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
Sour Curd - 1 tb.sp
Grated Carrot - 1/4 cup
Red Chili powder - 1/2 t.sp
Salt to taste.

Method
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add water as required so that the mixture is of relugar omelet consistency. Heat a non-stick pan, brush some oil & spread the mixture. Cook on both the sides. Serve hot with any chutney or dips or with idli milagaipodi.

So it is fast & quick. Very filling also.
This is going to 101 Omelet Series hosted by Sangeeth of Art of Cooking Indian food.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...